Mechanical broadheads can be an amazing hunting gear to have in your arsenal when dealing with wild hogs. Knowing which arrowhead is suitable for you may be less harder than you think.
Today we tested a group of arrowheads on the build quality, accuracy, maintainability, and affordability. What we ended up with is a compiled list of the best mechanical broadheads for hogs:
- Swhacker 100 Grain Mechanical Broadhead.
- Rage Bowhunting Xtreme Series Mechanical Broadhead.
- NAP Spitfire Crossbow Mechanical Broadhead.
- RAGE Chisel 100 Grain 2 Blade Broadhead.
- Swhacker 125 Grain Mechanical Broadhead.
- Grim Reaper X-Bow Razor Mechanical Broadhead.
- RAGE Chisel SC 100 Grain Mechanical Broadhead.
Swhacker 100 Grain Mechanical Broadhead
Starting off with the swhacker 100 grain Broadhead. This product has proved itself as a market leader when it comes to mechanical broadheads that can handle hogs.
It comes as a set that includes three broadheads and each arrowhead features two separate cutting edges. The first set of edges is used to cut the hide and the first set of ribs and the blades will open the broadhead and cut through hard skin and bones during entry.
The second set of edges doesn’t touch anything during the initial penetration, which means that you can expect them to remain sharp so that they can cut the internal organs.
The broadhead is designed to last, thanks to the hardened high carbon steel point and the included anodized aircraft aluminum which gives it enough durability to handle continues rough use.
- 032″ stainless steel razor maintains a sharp edge during use.
- The broadhead is sharp and well designed.
- It delivers a massive blood trail, which makes it easy to spot the catch.
- The set includes a practice tip.
- Blades bend after hitting very hard objects.
Rage Bowhunting Xtreme Series Mechanical Broadhead
Next in the line is the Rage Xtreme Series Mechanical Broadhead. This product is one of the most highly recommended arrowhead in the hunting niche.
When bought, The product comes as a pack of three of 100 grain broadheads. Featuring a shock collar blade retention system. This system ensures that the blades can stay in place until they hit the target, which guarantees a good and thick cut.
The sweeping blade angle is another feature designed to maintain the kinetic energy longer. On top of that, there is a chisel tip that delivers a high bone busting power while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
Rage Bowhunting Mechanical Broadheads include razor-sharp 0.035″ stainless steel blades so that they can remain reliable and usable for many years. Also, there is a leading blade that is honed to surgical sharpness to enhance reliable penetration.
- Holds the blades securely to protect them from opening prematurely.
- Produces highly accurate shots.
- Compatible with high-speed shooting crossbows.
- The blades expand perfectly upon impact.
- The broadhead isn’t suitable for draw weights under 55 pounds.
- The pack doesn’t include Replace Blades.
NAP Spitfire Crossbow Mechanical Broadhead
Jumping to the Spitfire Crossbow Mechanical Broadhead from N.A.P. This arrowhead is considered as the first choice for many hunters for crossbow broadheads. The package comes as a three piece pack of 100-grain crossbow broadheads.
The blades are powerful and durable and are able to assure consistent & reliable results. Adding to that, the broadheads adopt a Legendary Spitfire technology.
This allows them to shot accurately when using high-speed crossbows and removes the need to worry when using crossbows that produce a large amount of kinetic energy.
They also include a super-durable hardened carbon steel tip to enhance strength. Furthermore, the tip features a slimline design that helps to improve flight and penetration.
- Stainless steel blades include an exclusive diamize edge for super sharpness.
- The snap locking blade system protects the blades from flying away during flight.
- A legendary tip point offers maximum bone splitting power.
- The crossbow broadhead is accurate and durable.
- The blades bend after hitting a hard surface.
RAGE Chisel 100 Grain 2 Blade Broadhead
Suitable for those bow hunting enthusiast. The Rage Chisel Tip 2-blade Broadhead is considered as a hog destroyer and is able to cause an enormous amount of damage to even the largest and most dangerous of preys.
Including a 0.039″ leading-edge and razor-sharp 0.035″ thick stainless expandable blades. Hence, you can expect the broadhead to deliver perfect penetration because of the massive cutting surfaces.
It also has a chisel tip designed to deliver reliable bone-busting power. The broadhead adopts a Slip Cam technology designed for superior blade retention and massive entry holes enabling it to deliver extreme blood loss and leaves a nice & wide blood trail.
The Chisel Tip 2-blade broadhead comes as a set of three 100-grain broadheads. These products adopt an Improved Shock Collar Technology designed to guarantee proper blade retention during flight and when the arrow is stored.
- Delivers a high penetration power so that you can hunt a bigger game.
- Conserves kinetic energy helps to increase penetration power.
- The broadheads are highly accurate.
- No need to adjust when switching from a field tip to Rage chisel tip broadheads.
- They may be expensive for some.
- Some broadheads do not include a practise tip.
Swhacker 125 Grain Mechanical Broadhead
Just like everything made by swhacker, This 125-grain expandable 2-blade broadhead has earned a lot of free advertising from the people who used it simply because of how effective it was when dealing with a prey.
The broadhead includes 0.032 thick stainless steel blades to enhance reliable performance when cutting. Also, there is an anodized aircraft aluminum ferrule that assures you get solid shots & good penetration on your targets.
It comes as a set, where each set comprises three broadheads. Includes two separate cutting edges. The first set of edges cuts the first layer of the target and makes the initial damage to the ribs.
The second set of edges doesn’t touch anything during the initial penetration enabling them to stay razor-sharp so that they can cut through the internal organs.
- A hardened carbon steel tip offers reliable penetration.
- Razor-sharp blades maintain the sharp edge for long.
- The blades are replaceable.
- A plastic band secures the blades in position during flight.
- The blades are challenging to sharpen.
Grim Reaper X-Bow Razor Mechanical Broadhead
A perfect suit for high-speed crossbow users. The Grim Reaper X-Bow is a mechanical broadhead that is famous for its destructive capabilities and its ability to piece even the hardest of bone structures it comes in contact with.
Coming as a 100-grain 3 blades broadhead. it was tested at more than 400FPS with a 1.5″ cut diameter making it a great choice for high-energy cross/compound bows. Besides that, it includes a stainless steel tip to enhance strength and assure you of reliable penetration.
The design is amazing for multiple use since it allows you to easily pull apart each of the broadhead and clean them individually. Which also makes maintaining the blades much simpler to do.
The package comes with a practice tip just so that newer hunters have the opportunity to adapt and get used to the flight path and movement pattern of the grim reaper x-bow broadhead.
- Solid design guarantees durability.
- The blades are easy to replace.
- The broadhead is easy to disassemble and clean.
- It shoots consistently.
- The set includes a practice tip.
- There are no bands to hold the blades.
RAGE Chisel SC 100 Grain Mechanical Broadhead
Last but not least, an extremely recommended broadhead from Rage. The Mechanical Chisel SC’s design is known to help greatly when dealing with hogs and other ferocious animals of similar type.
Having a high-performance build that features a strong and powerful bone-busting chisel tip. Which can deliver a strong impact & a great amount of damage to the later of contact.
Adding to that, the broadhead adopts a shock collar technology. This technology helps to maintain the blades in place, which means that you don’t have to worry about them moving out of place during motion or contact.
The broadhead deploys three razor-sharp stainless blades. The blades are 0.035″ thick, which allows them to offer a 1.6″ cutting diameter upon contact.
- Steel chisel tips deliver devastating bone strikes.
- The sweptback blade angles increase penetration.
- The broadhead comes as a pack of three 100-grain broadheads.
- No replacement blade.
Conclusion: Best Mechanical Broadhead For Hogs
Dealing with hogs can become a really big problem very fast if you don’t have the right tools to deal with them. Making sure you do your research and bring everything you need beforehand will greatly increase your chance of success.
If you enjoyed our buyer’s guide on the best mechanical broadhead for hogs, make sure to leave a comment down below telling us about your experiences with them and what choice did you do to solve this problem.