Whether you like to lay down in a tent, a tarp or under the open skies, an essential item to get a good night sleep when backpacking is carrying a great sleeping bag with you.
Here at valrin we strive to bring only the prime products out there to our readers. Therefor we did our research by examining the top candidates in the market and came up with a list of the best backpacking sleeping bags under 100$:
- MalloMe 3 Season Outdoor Sleeping Bag.
- Coleman 0°F Mummy Bag.
- Sleepingo Double Snoozing Bag.
- TETON Sports Celsius XXL Sleeping Bag.
- REDCAMP Cotton Flannel Sleeping Bag.
MalloMe 3 Season Outdoor Sleeping Bag
Starting with a wonderful product from one of the most trusted outdoor brand in america, The MalloMe sleeping bag.
The product comes in a very particular ergonomic compression sack with straps, Thanks to that the sleeping bag can be easily maneuvered, cleaned and/or washed removing any type of inconvenience that may happen.
Made using high grade 100% polyester to make it quite comfortable and lightweight without compromising its durability and resilience.
The bag itself is both waterproof and weather resistant, It also uses double layer technology to keep you cozy even in the most extreme conditions.
Finally, The MalloMe team offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee and will offer to its clients help to any problem they may run into.
- Ergonomic Design + Strapped Compression Bag.
- High Grade 100% Polyester Material.
- All Season Proof (Waterproof, Weather resistant…etc).
- Skin Friendly Inside Fabric.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Coleman 0°F Mummy Sleeping Bag
Ideal for anyone expecting extremely cold weather ( As low as 0°F / -17°C ). The coleman mummy sleeping bag is a prime pick for people looking to do outdoor activities that involves extreme conditions.
Features a ripstop-reinforced polyester cover, an insulated footbox, a thermolock draft tube and a quilted build that adds another layer of protection from bad weather and works to keep warmth and heat sealed inside.
It also comes with a semi-sculpted hood that can be tightened with a drawstring when going through cold weather, And/Or can be unzipped at the bottom for extra ventilation during warmer nights.
Furthermore, The coleman mummy sleeping bag incorporates the ZipPlow system, This is to plow away fabric which in return prevent snagging during zipping.
- Accommodates most heights (Up To 6 Feet 2 Inches).
- Thick Quilted Build (Extra Warmth & Heat Retention).
- Comfortable And Cozy Inside.
- Flexible Drawstring Seal (Can be opened for extra ventilation).
Sleepingo Double Sleeping Bag
A perfect fit for couples that want a sleeping bag that lets you sleep anywhere you want comfortably. Removing any frustration you may come across on your trip.
Great build overall, The outer shell is made of a strong camping/backpacking grade polyester fabric that is waterproof. The inner lining is a very soft and smooth textile that is a combination of tetron and cotton.
With a zipper on each side to make it easier for people to get up during the night, The Sleepingo Double Bag is big enough to fit 2 adults. The zippers also work as another ventilation system during warmer climate.
Additionally, The sleeping bag comes in a ergonomic bag along with a couple of small travelling pillows that are surprisingly very comfortable and flexible (can be used to keep your spine in its natural curved position).
- Fits Two Adults (Accommodates up to 6 feet 3 inches).
- Stocky Waterproof Build.
- 2 Small Travelling Pillows + Strapped Compression Bag.
- Smooth inside Textile ( Combination Of Tetron & Cotton).
- Machine Washable.
TETON Sports Celsius XXL Sleeping Bag
If you are looking for something that can handle both ends of the spectrum effectively then look no further than the Teton Celsius XXL Sleeping Bag.
Starting with the build, The outer shell is made with taffeta (A very expensive fabric). The inside is filled with a double layer superloft elite hollow fiber which is known to keep things warm even below freezing temperature.
Features a half circle mummy hood with drawstring, An interior storage pocket, Draft tubes with added padding around the shoulders and a taped anti snag zipper.
The bag itself is oversized to be able to fit a 6 feet tall adult easily and comes in a compression sack to keep everything light and simple to carry around.
- Spacious Inside ( We were able to fit a 6 feet 3 inches adult man).
- Double Layer Taffeta Shell.
- Elite Hollow Fiber Filled Inside ( Handles cold temperature as low as 0°F / -18°C ).
- Mummy Hood With Drawstring ( Extra Heat Retention ).
- Internal Storage Pocket.
- Oxford Compression Sack With Heavy Duty Straps.
REDCAMP Cotton Flannel Sleeping Bag
Great for both indoor and outdoor activities, This sleeping bag is best suited for people who regularly go backpacking and want something that can handle rough weather and tough environments.
Made using high-quality waterproof 210T polyester ripstop fabric known for its extreme durability and toughness, It also incorporates soft flannel liner and rebounded hollow cotton fiber to keep the inside extra soft and comfortable.
The redcamp sleeping bag has 3 types of filling cotton depending on how cold you are expecting, starting with 2lbs to use in an average temperature of 59°F/15°C, A 3lbs for 50°F/10°C and lastly a 4lbs for an average temperature of 41°F/5°C.
It has a built in cord at the bottom of the bag to make it easier to tie up and store + Has an adjustable woven strap to pack it even tighter.
If you are still not convinced about this product, The manufacturer offers a 365-day 100% money back guarantee warranty.
- Various Filling Sizes (2 lbs for 59°F/15°C , 3lbs for 50°F/10°C and 4 lbs for 41°F/5°C).
- High Quality Waterproof Ripstop Fabric.
- Soft Liner With Hollow Cotton Fiber Inside.
- Build In Cord + Adjustable Woven Strap.
- Long enough to fit a 6 feet tall male.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee.
Conclusion: Best Backpacking Sleeping Bag Under 100$
In the end, Every product is great in its particular way and the best product will be heavily influenced by your environment and specific needs.
If you liked our quick buyers guide on the best backpacking sleeping bag under 100$ or even if you feel there is a product out there that needs to be added in this list make sure to leave a comment down below and we’ll do our best to respond.